|Join Our Mailing List|
NEED A COMEDY SCENE? CLICK HERE
NEED A DRAMA SCENE? CLICK HERE
Casting director workshops are for actors of all ages and we love the fact that so many Actorsiters have used our workshops to create solid careers.
Actorsite.com Casting Director Workshops are administered through our workshop site:
Here is a basic curriculum for our Casting Director Workshops.
GENERAL CURRICULUM FOR WORKSHOPS
- Guest Director will inform about experience in casting and how explain how current projects are unique or similar to past projects.
- Guest director will make Unique casting office etiquette suggestions. Actors can get tips on how to behave in his office.
- Guest director will explain current office policies and procedures including noting the steps in the process from receiving a script to finally booking the talent.
- Guest Director will include specific information on such things as how many actors are called in to pre-read, how many direct to producers, etc.
- Guest Director will explain the use of Breakdowns, Now Casting, Iactor and other online industry resources.
- Guest Director will note how their office uses hardcopy headshots.
- Guest Director will explain how the casting directors in this office respond to postcards, if the postcards announce a booking or performance.
- Guest Director will offer personal suggestions to make the casting process a positive experience for each actor, including what it means to “be prepared” in their office.
- Guest Director will explain how they interact with Agents and Managers.
- Guest Director will cover general industry trends in casting and how these trends relate to their job.
- Guest Director will evaluate headshots and resumes.
- Guest director will work personally with each actor on audition skills with the goal of improving their audition performance.
- Guest Director may provide a simple evaluation form so actors may take the suggestions to their acting coach or teacher for future improvement. This is optional for all guest directors.
- In the case of INTENSIVE WORKSHOPS, guest directors can further provide instructional training for each participant.
Are you new to Actorsite and our Casting Director events? When you, as a new new parent, attend Actorsite Casting Director events, you may have endless questions for the Casting Directors because you may feel out of the loop in the casting process. As you attend more and more workshops, you grow comfortable with Casting Directors and a picture emerges of how the industry works. Kids love Casting Director events because it’s a time for them to practice audition skills without the pressure of having to book the job. Creative kids develop relationships with creative casting directors that can last a lifetime. It’s important that kids ENJOY the casting process, because the they will spend more time auditioning than they will working in the early stages of a career. Producers are spending MILLIONS of dollars on their projects. You want them to hire your child. If producers are going to risk MILLIONS, and you want them to consider your child, YOU, as a PRO-ACTIVE PARENT, need to make sure you are presenting a talented, educated child to them who is guided by a knowledgeable "PARENT CEO" who understands the industry and has their own connections and relationships. CASTING DIRECTORS TEACH KILLER CLASSES AT THE ACTORSITE! 1. They provide valuable inside information to parents and young actors. 2. Young actors perform representative material under the watchful eye of industry professions. 3. Many times they provide written feedback that parents can take to their acting coach for future improvement. It's always a WIN - WIN at the Actorsite! NICE! All the best, Jack Turnbull Actorsite.com State of California DLSE BOND #84484 CITY OF LA LICENSE #0000140299-0001-0 Actorsite.com is bonded by the STATE of CALIFORNIA and licensed with the CITY OF LOS ANGELES and we partner with both the State and the City to keep SHOW BUSINESS honest and professional. Remember, ANY company or individual who charges a fee for "lessons, coaching,seminars, workshops, or similar training" must be bonded and registered. So remember to ask any provider of such services for a bond number so you are protected! This is STATE LAW! Additionally, agents and managers are forbidden BY LAW from charging their clients any fees for any services, including "lessons, coaching, seminars, workshops, or similar training", so if your manager asks for money for services, rather than earned commissions for bookings, say NO and report them to the City Attorney, MARK LAMBERT at email@example.com . This is STATE LAW! FOR NEWBIES: [*]“This workshop is a learning experience. It is not an audition or employment opportunity. When the workshop is over, the casting director/casting associate/casting director (whichever is applicable) teaching this workshop will not be taking home nor be given access to your headshot, resume or any other of your promotional materials” [*]"This is not a job interview or audition. The presence of a Casting Director is neither a guarantee nor a promise of employment. The intent of the class is solely educational. Attending a workshop is not a way to obtain employment as an actor. Such contact as you may have with a Casting Director at a workshop rarely results in any further contact with that Casting Director or any company affiliated with that Casting Director. Actorsite.com, 5512 Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, CA 91401