|IT’S PILOT SEASON for DISNEY/NICKDear Readers,It’s a CASTING FESTIVAL right now for DISNEY AND NICKELODEON as they have 11 pilots in various stages of casting. Our students in our classes are auditioning regularly and we anticipate more bookings.HOW CAN YOU PREPARE?
1. Educate yourself on who casts pilots for DISNEY and NICK.
|Coach Jack Turnbull
2. Find the projects they are casting.
3. Download the audition material for ALL characters in the pilot.
4. Practice until you have a feel for the rhythms and pace of the show.
5. Watch other shows from the same office.
6. When you get the audition, you’ll be super prepared to go big or go home.
7. If you are taping your auditions, follow instructions carefully.
Enroll now in our FALL PROGRAM. You get all three months of September, October and November for one low fee of $498. Call Director of Talent Angela Brown at 310-795-5191 to enroll.
1. How do I find information on who casts pilots for DISNEY and NICK? You can use a service like IMDB PRO or CASTINGABOUT.COM to do your research on who has cast your favorite shows.
2. How do I find the projects they are casting? You can go to a website called SHOWFAX and view the pilots in production on that site. Scan down and find the projects cast by those offices that you are targeting.
3. How do I download the Audition material? First, I would join SHOWFAX and then you can audition all the audition material for the projects you are targeting.
Why? Because it’s good to learn as much as you can about the project and to work on all the characters so you are familiar with the writing.
4. How do I practice? Everyone practices differently. I teach a ton of coaches, so I teach different techniques for preparation. Use what you know and practice all of the characters that you download.
5. How do I watch other shows from the same office? You’ve done your research, now do some more. Just watch online to get a feel for the types of shows they cast.
6. How do I get the Audition? When they request online, submit your taped audition. If you have an agent or manager, they will make sure you are seen for any appropriate roles. Ask your acting coach, agent, manager, etc., will know if you are right for one of the roles. Young artists who study at the Actorsite know HOW to go big or go home.
7. How do I make a taped audition? Read the instructions carefully. Follow them.
OK, here’s some information on some projects casting.
One casting director who casts a TON of DISNEY SHOWS, like HANNAH MONTANA, DOG WITH A BLOG, AUSTIN AND ALLEY, etc., is Carol Goldwasser, she’s casting a PILOT called BUNKED—Download the material and get a feel for the rhythms of the language.
NOW FIND THE OTHERS!
Do your research, build your career…kids can do it themselves, or parents can help…
Call Director of Talent Angela Brown to enroll in our classes at the Actorsite: 310-795-5191.
All the best,